- On the menu, go to Content and then click on SL Marketplace.
You can also go to https://marketplace.secondlife.com in any browser.
- Type a search term or phrase in Keywords, then click the Search button.
TIP: Change maturity level to General – Moderate.
- Scroll through the list of matching items. It will show the price for each one. Make sure you have enough lindens in your account
- Click on a listing you want to see (see notes below*). If you decide to purchase, click the yellow Buy Now button.
*FOR CLOTHING OR HAIR: First see if there is a DEMO version, and purchase it first to make sure it will work with your avatar.
FOR OBJECTS: Check for the words “land impact” or “prim count” (they mean the same thing), and try to find items with a low land impact (see the notecard “*Why land impact matters in SL”).
- On the next page, click the blue Buy Now button. This should complete the purchase.
- The item will be delivered to you in Second Life. Most items purchased will go into your “Received Items” folder. To find new items, go to your inventory and go to the “Recent Items” tab.